Monday, September 9, 2013

Forever House #27

Before
Monday 9th September, 2013 I spent some unexpected time yesterday afternoon playing with the second of two rat infested windows I had found in the shed. Unsure of where they originated, it's interesting pulling them apart, washing them and laying them back together (with the help of the "Before" photos I took). I am aware of who might have created them in the first place, how long ago, where, and the process they would have had to go through to find the glass and materials. The arch around the top section is an odd selection of textured clear glass, which makes me think the glass maker was working with what he/she had available to them. I laid out six pieces of A4 paper out of the printer, and sticky taped them together. I gathered various straight edges and Jeff's right angle to draw up the design of the three windows that make up the door that will be hung on the external wall of the Forever House Bathroom.




After
I can't tell you how much pleasure I am getting out of giving new life to these windows which at first glance, in their original broken state, could easily be put in the too hard basket. In fact, they are jewels waiting to be dug up and mounted in a new setting. I've never had old windows to revamp before - and would not have wanted to deal with the repair of such windows. But now I have reworked two, I will seek them out and recycle as many as I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment